Some tips on how to give great customer service
Firstly, what is customer service? We hear this term all the time in marketing, we expect it and sometimes don't notice it until we experience a poor demonstration.
When a visitor comes in to your store, speaks to your service centre representative on the phone, or contacts you via your website email, You need to respond to them in a way that makes them feel that their custom is valued and that you appreciate that they chosen to spend their hard earned cash and time on your business when they have an infinite choice of other places.
In some ways it's like a relationship. If the other partner is not keeping up their end of the bargain then it's goodbye.
Tardy responses and unhelpful employees will inevitably result in your customers abandoning you and spreading the word about how lousy your business is.
Provided are some tips you can follow in order to maintain happy, loyal customers that will return again and again and most likely tell their family, friends and pet cat how great you are!
1. Train your staff thoroughly so they know the company product/s inside out. Before customers make a purchase they are likely to bombard employees with tonnes of questions related to the product so it's best to leave them with no doubt that you offer the best price/quality/solution relative to your competitors and to do this effectively staff must be trained to manage every conceivable query that the customer may direct at you before they make a decision to commit.
2. Most of us only have so much of it and we all know what's it's like to have it tested, but losing your cool with difficult customers is never a good look and always best avoided. All you can do is give 100% based on your training and experience in order to resolve an issue that the customer is having and remain calm. Be polite at all times whilst listening carefully to tone of voice or what the customer isn't saying and offer suggestions. If this still isn't working then offer to refer the problem to a different department that may be able to help or seek the advice of higher management.
3. In so many ways this is the backbone of great customer service and the better you are at it, the better service delivery you will provide. As a customer, I need to feel valued and this will occur when I feel that I'm being listened to. It's becomes especially important when explaining to customers important things like company policy, regulations, statutory rights, legal matters, company commitment to customer and company expectation of customer and so forth.
So it can be critical that all the above is done clearly and effectively so that there is no room for doubt in the customers mind as to the level of service delivery they should expect from you.
If you're a company distributing products that may harm if used incorrectly then expect a chance that there may come a time when you are called in an emergency and have to give advice that could mean the difference between life or death!
GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND
4. Of course, getting from a business what they promise to deliver is a bare minimum. But nothing's better than when they up the ante and go out of their way to give us something totally unexpected for our loyalty like a months free membership, 2 nights free lodge in a hotel or just a free cup of coffee.
Maybe you're called out of hours by a customer with an issue with a product and they know they are calling late but it's very urgent they speak to someone? Sure, you're closed and the correct process is to tell them to call back during business hours. What better way to potentially enhance your business reputation then by listening and trying to resolve the problem maybe before it turns in to a critical one the next day?
Are your customers only important during office hours? Of course not.
ACTING ON FEEDBACK
5. Acting on feedback both positive and negative from your customers is essential. Knowing what your strengths and weaknesses are means that you know which areas of your business you need to improve and the ones that bring the most value to the company. Customers should be able to see that their viewpoints are being acknowledged and you can only do this if their feedback is acted upon. Not only does this strengthen the relationship between you and the customer but it also shows the customer why they should stick with you instead of taking a chance with your competitors.